about meMeep Matsushima spent her entire life escaping into stories. She has flirted with faeries, pined for lovers who disappeared through magic doors, and helped an exiled elvish princess build an empty city.
Meep has a BA in East Asian Studies from Simmons
Meep Matsushima is a disabled1 femme dyke poet-librarian originally from New England, currently living in the D.C. suburbs with her brothers, craft supplies, books, and cat. She writes speculative poetry, short stories, and middle grade novels.
1several acronyms (hEDS, ADHD-I, OCD, SAD, &c)
fanpoetry about my Silmarillion Mary Sue (a mathom-poem)
interactive fairy tale/horror poetry chapbook
(content notes: gaslighting, emotional abuse, self-injury, disordered eating)
what it means to be a superhero
(content notes: fantasy violence, death, moral injury/PTSD)
beta readingStarting in April 2020, I am offering sensitivity reader services. I can read for the following:
- life experiences: death of a parent; neo-pagan cults; international school (teacher perspective)
- queerness: lesbian/dyke; growing up asexual
- mental illness: adult diagnosis of ADHD-I; OCD; depression; complicated grief
- physical disability: chronic pain; chronic fatigue; hypermobility/hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome; assistive tech (cane)
How much does it cost?
- short stories: (up to 10,000 words) $25
- novellas-novels: (45,000-75,000 words) $175-$250
To find out more please email me at meepnanowrimo @ gmail . com with the subject "BETA READING."
- Patreon: meep_matsushima
- Twitter: transpacifique
- Dreamwidth: pinksoda → comment for access
- Instagram: meep_matsushima
- Pillowfort: meep